Brückstraße 2 - 1801 to 1803
Franz Anton Niedermayr first appears in Regensburg records on 17 September 1801. On that day, he was granted permission to reside and conduct business in Regensburg. Niedermayr originally came from Straubing. In Munich he came into contact with the new technique of lithography and began experimenting with it.
His attempts proved so successful that he soon made a name for himself by printing sheet music and other works. In 1803, records first reveal the location of his workshop in the Amberger Stadel near the Stone Bridge. In 1804, his concession was confirmed and Franz Anton Niedermayr became a citizen of Regensburg. Until 1826 he remained the only lithographer in the city. Only after that were others granted permission to establish lithographic workshops.
Franz Anton Niedermayr first appears in Regensburg records on 17 September 1801. On that day, he was granted permission to reside and conduct business in Regensburg. Niedermayr originally came from Straubing. In Munich he came into contact with the new technique of lithography and began experimenting with it.
His attempts proved so successful that he soon made a name for himself by printing sheet music and other works. In 1803, records first reveal the location of his workshop in the Amberger Stadel near the Stone Bridge. In 1804, his concession was confirmed and Franz Anton Niedermayr became a citizen of Regensburg. Until 1826 he remained the only lithographer in the city. Only after that were others granted permission to establish lithographic workshops.

